Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
Losing a single tooth obviously creates a gap in your mouth, but it also leads to adjacent teeth shifting and affects the structural integrity of your jaw and bones. That can lead to wrinkles, aging and further problems down the road. So what are your options when you lose a single tooth? A conventional bridge is a popular and affordable solution, but the process involves reforming adjacent teeth to hold the bridge. Single tooth implants, however, are the ultimate single-tooth replacement option.
Here are some of their benefits:
- They look and feel like your natural tooth.
- They replace your tooth’s root, preserving th
e bone in your jaw.
- They’re easier to clean than a bridge.
- They look and perform better in the long run.
Single tooth implants have even more benefits, one of which is the fairly easy procedure.
Watch how Donna got dental implants to improve her life:
How Single Tooth Implants Work
The single tooth implant process can be broken down to four basics steps. Here is a breakdown of how single tooth implants work, from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID):
- “Consultation and planning, including initial exam, imaging of your teeth, questions about your dental and medical history, and discussion of your treatment options.
- Placement of the dental implant, a substitute for the missing natural tooth root, either with or without a built-in abutment (a connector placed on, or built into, the top of the implant) that will attach to the replacement tooth. A temporary tooth can be placed while the dental implant integrates with your natural bone to form a strong foundation for your replacement tooth. Most people return to work the next day.
- Placement of the abutment, if one wasn’t placed during the prior visit.
- Placement of a custom-made crown, or replacement tooth.”
If you need to replace multiple dental implants, Dr. Korwin offers the All-on-4 treatment to give you a beautiful new smile in 1 visit.
If you’d like to know more about single tooth implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Korwin today!